Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Mr. "I Don't Want To Date You, Really"

If I say his words and his actions conflict in a major way, is there a guy that pops into your head? We all know this guy. I have a life mission to fix every guy like this. One of my favorite things is to see how fast I can make him change his mind about his words. It's kind of a hobby. I don't like to be told no. Actually, I quite detest it. It just gets me even more fired up to change his mind, and make him wrong about us. So, I'd like to introduce you to my toughest case yet. Ladies and gentlemen, please meet Mr. " I Don't Want To Date You, Really".

 Great body, an orthopaedic surgeon, and an ego fit to fuel an entire army, he's the type to: call you sexy repeatedly and then inform you that he doesn't want you to date you just as often, ask you to hang out and then invite everyone in his phone book to come join in, and ask for a back scratch... Over and over again...

The first night we met, there was a very obvious tension between us. Things were pretty crazy from the get go. I'd never been flirted with like this. Then, suddenly, he took a complete turn. "I don't want to date you, we're just friends" became his personal mantra. He texted me all day and then called me as soon as he was off work more often than not. He always wanted to hang out. We spent so many late nights talking about deep things like emotions and religion. He was truly concerned about me, in more than a friend way. I could barely handle the mixed signals, and that ever present phrase was always lurking in the shadows.

Being completely head over heels for the guy, I chose to read way too far into everything that happened. It's really hard to unlike someone, and I was pretty dang confidant that I could change his mind. Time and time again I had the same result with him. Finally my ten year old cousin cornered my and informed me: "You like him. He doesn't like you. Why do you want to hang out with him so much?" Wow. Ouch. So i called him, to discuss as friends. And I ended up pouring my heart out. And you know what he said? He said: "You have gotten yourself in to this situation completely on your own, and I will not accept any blame or take part in this at all. I was honest with you the whole time, it's not my fault if you made something up in your head."

And then he said: "But i definitely hope we can still be friends..."

Here are some of his finest moments:
"We're just friends, and that's all we ever will be."
"Will you scratch my back?"
"Just because you're not good enough for me doesn't mean you're not good enough for someone else."
"It's so sexy when you wear those boots with a skirt."
"I feel like such a stud because you're only 19."

Here's to all the single ladies. Because we don't want to play games.

No comments:

Post a Comment