Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The "Let's Be Friends" Epidemic

Raise your hand if you are so done hearing the phrases "I'm not looking for a relationship right now" and "Let's just be friends, ok?". Did you? Because my hand is way way up and waving around like a lunatic. Two months ago I moved across the country. Since then I have heard these words from... Wait for it... FOUR GUYS! Before a DTR, before a date, even before hanging out these men feel it necessary to proclaim their desire for a bachelor lifestyle. Really? Why is it so strange to date casually? I'm not looking for a contract. I don't even want you to call me the next day. Casual dating is a good time, and everyone should be into it. Boys: Here's a challenge. Go find a girl that you are not romantically interested in, but genuinely enjoy talking to. Take her to a local comedy club. Enjoy yourself. Girls: Here's a challenge. Stop being so clingy and eager to "define the relationship". Just let him take you out, and quit obsessing.

For your entertainment, I will be highlighting each of my very special "friends". Nobody I know will be reading this, so I am safe being totally candid, although still anonymous. These boys are getting out of control with their egos, their hair, and their female versions of prince charming. I am a woman, not your personal masseuse, chef, or maid. You are not doing me a favor by allowing me to be your friend. Want special treatment? Earn it.

Here's to all the single ladies. Because we don't need any more "friends".

No comments:

Post a Comment