Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mr. NCMO

So there's this concept, commonly known as a NCMO (non committal make out), that is socially acceptable in the Highschool and college scene. Let me be real with you for just a second. Where girls are concerned, there is no such thing as "non committal". It doesn't exist. Any boy that thinks a girl is serious when she says "yes, we can make out even though you don't like me. And no, I won't stalk you or become obsessive afterwards" is an idiot. Plain and simple. Boys, you set yourselves up for drama with this one. Don't be stupid. Girls don't do non committal. And the girls that think "this time will be different. This time I won't become a raving lunatic and call him thirty times a day like last time". Seriously? If you even have to say that in the first place, it's a problem. Don't lie to yourselves. Girls can't handle it. Non committal, when translated directly into girl language, is actually a challenge. We agree because we like the guy, and then we continue in hopes that we will get his non committal self to commit. Ha! It's a big fat joke on single people everywhere. Without further ado, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Mr. NCMO.

A little socially awkward, entirely too focused on cuddling, and not at all concerned about your feelings, he's the type to: get your number from someone else instead of asking you, imply that it will probably take you forever to get ready to go out, and delete your number when you express displeasure with him.

This guy was very forward in his flirtation from the beginning. Always interested in catching my attention, but never taking it further, we jostled each other periodically in teasing ways. After about a month of banter, he finally texted me one Sunday afternoon. Such is typical in meeting new boys, we texted a lot. He would suggest that we Skype and talk on the phone in the evenings. Finally, we started making plans to hang out. he spent most of the time saying he wanted to cuddle and he was looking forward to alone time. I've never heard a guy use the word "snuggle" so many times in one sitting. Or lifetime.

The day came for our plans and he decided to bail out. After further prodding, he informed me that I liked him too much. (Apparently he thinks he's a psychic...) He also told me his real intentions were purely physical, and he wanted to avoid awkwardness so I shouldn't come over. The grand finale was letting me know he did like me, but I'm in the running with "a few other girls" so he just... wait for it... wants to "be friends".

He continues to be overly friendly when we crossed paths, but in our last man highlight we decided that single ladies don't play games. No big deal!

Some of the best moments yet:
"I thought you were just going to come make out, and then it would be awkward the next day, and I didn't want to deal with the awkward."
"Oh, so you won't be ready to go for a looong time then, right?"
"I do like you, just not only you. I'm keeping my options open for the other girls."

Here's to all the single ladies. Because we're worth committing to.

1 comment: